The Principal Medical Science Liaison (P-MSL) is responsible for providing fair balanced, objective, scientific information to health care professionals (HCPs), payers, advocacy groups and internal partners. The P-MSL provides scientific expertise on current and future HUTCHMED products, treatment landscape trends, and delivers high level research support for company- and investigator-initiated research. The P-MSL is a mentor and leader on the MSL team and positively influences without direct report responsibility, conducting all activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Demonstrates strategic territory planning and ability to build strong relationships within the territory.
- Develops and executes a territory strategy plan including HCPs, academic and community practices and field collaborative partnerships
- Demonstrates key external expert partnerships and maintains long-standing relationships
- Executes research initiatives supporting company-sponsored clinical trials and facilitates internal reviews of unsolicited investigator-initiated study proposals
- Effectively conducts data communication with HCPs (MD, RN, NP, PharmD, PA) through execution of field medical proactive initiatives and response to unsolicited HCP scientific inquiries
Consistently develops strong scientific acumen and effectively shares with internal teams.
- Demonstrates a high level of scientific acumen regarding current and evolving standards of care
- Actively participate in journal clubs and congress meeting debriefs
- Attends scientific congresses to gather and understand new scientific information
- Displays knowledge of clinical trial methodology and research standards
- Actively documents, synthesizes and shares medical insights
Continuously support Internal Partners:
- In collaboration with supervisor, develops and implements performance and development plan
- Conducts regional and national scientific and strategic projects
- Displays positive constructive leadership.
- Actively partners with field commercial teams
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Post graduate experience required with preference for clinical experience (MD, PhD, NP, PA or PharmD required). At least 3-5 years of previous oncology industry experience, preferably in MSL role. In-depth scientific and/or therapeutic knowledge and experience required. Research and health care system knowledge is required. Residency/fellowship preferred.
- Proven track record of customer facing responsibilities
- Strong alignment capabilities with in-house medical and field commercial teams
- Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory guidelines of pharmaceutical industry
- Effective written and verbal presentation skills and familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint