||Florham Park, NJ
||Contract to Hire
Seeking a reliable and proactive paralegal and contract administrator/manager with a minimum of five years’ experience in the areas of contract management, entity management and/or commercial transactions. This role will be heavily involved in the entire contract lifecycle. Primary responsibilities will be to support the Legal Department on a growing volume of contracts and transactions and related diligence, record keeping and administration. Responsible for administering the company’s contract management efforts. An ideal candidate is reliable, trustworthy, organized, professional, responsible, self-motivated, driven, with strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and possesses great communication skill
- Negotiating, drafting and facilitating the execution of template-based contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, clinical trial agreements, services agreements and statements of work with attorney oversight.
- Appropriately escalating contract issues to in-house counsel and business partners as required.
- Supports process improvements within the Legal Department to improve the timeliness and quality of legal services.
- Works cross-functionally with other departments to resolve problems and facilitate the efficient provision of legal services by the Legal Department.
- Follows all applicable company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Revises legal contract templates to ensure consistency with Legal Department contracting guidelines and company policies & procedures.
- Maintains day-to-day inventory and tracking of legal contracts and monitors deadlines of pending agreements to ensure timely and complete execution.
- Maintains a contract database and filing system for all agreements and legal documents.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all Core Responsibilities of a Legal Contracts Manager and maintains ongoing knowledge of all core functions.
- Education: Bachelors in Legal Studies or similar discipline preferred. Paralegal Certification optional.
- 3+ years proven experience as a paralegal and/or legal contracts manager. Experience in commercial contracting within the pharmaceutical industry, and specifically with clinical trials, is preferred.
- Strong computer and internet research skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, with superior knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, enthusiastic, self-directed, and well-organized with ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound professional judgement and analytical skills.
- Able to maintain impeccable confidentiality and sensitivity for company confidential and proprietary information at all times.